We’ve reached a tipping point for healthcare and the cloud. While the industry has been cautious to adopt technology, it’s quickly making up for lost time. The recent Harvey Nash/KPMG CIO survey, which polled more than 190 healthcare industry CIOs, concluded that IT budget growth in healthcare is now outpacing the broader industry (52 percent to 45 percent respectively).
If a recent InformationWeek poll is any indication, much of the accelerated investment in healthcare IT will involve the cloud. More than a third of respondents (36 percent) to the poll cited cloud as the technology that will receive the greatest investment in 2017. Research house Markets and Markets agrees, recently estimating that the global healthcare cloud computing market will reach nearly $9.5B by 2020, growing at a CAGR of more than 20 percent.
We’re seeing this demand at Concerto too. In fact, about 35 percent of the new customers we added in 2016 were organizations related to healthcare, and this growth is why we recently introduced the new Concerto Cloud for Healthcare. As health systems, payers and tech companies look for guidance in the cloud, we wanted our customers and partners to have a ready, defined solution.
Interest is already overwhelming, especially since our hybrid offering is ideal for healthcare organizations that are still wary of the security, privacy and compliance issues that have slowed adoption to date. Addressing these concerns with a hybrid approach will encourage rapid adoption across the enterprise and for technologies up and down the stack.
If you missed our announcement, the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare features the following:
• Highest levels of security and service and built-in HIPAA compliance from the application down through the physical layer. Our on-prem compliance template also ensures all desktops are HIPAA-compliant with each startup.
• Hybrid deployment capabilities with integrations to the Concerto private cloud Microsoft Azure and on-prem applications in a flexible and scalable platform
• Fully managed environment with 24/7 support and 99.99 percent guaranteed uptime
• Seamless integrations with ERP, electronic health records (EHR) and enterprise content management (ECM) applications
• High-performance capabilities such as automatic failover to ensure business continuity, advanced protection from common distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks, and single sign-on and multi-factor authentication
As a cloud leader, we addressed the security, flexibility, service and performance requirements that you’d expect. We believe it’s our deep experience in hosting applications centered around patient care and managing accounting systems within healthcare that sets our offering apart. Our work with prestigious healthcare organizations gives us an insider’s perspective on the unique requirements of the industry. We’ve navigated the rigorous requirements of HIPAA and built solutions for the unique challenges health systems, payers and others in the industry face. This knowledge is built into the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare.
Technology is a means to an end, however, and I’m most proud of what we enable with our new healthcare cloud. Greater efficiencies, agility and savings are measurable business benefits, but contributing to a better healthcare system is what really excites our team and supports our company’s mission to improve the lives of others by serving them.
Connect with us and learn more about the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare.